Simon helps small and medium sized business owners, property owners, trustees, executors and liquidators based in Brisbane understand, enforce and protect their rights.
He offers an efficient, personal and transparent commercial drafting and litigation service, including:
- advising shareholders and directors of their rights and obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and representing them in related disputes;
- acting for receivers and liquidators, advising them on their powers and duties and assisting with recovery proceedings under Chapter 5 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and the sale of assets;
- acting for trustees of bankrupt estates and assisting in the recovery of property under Part VI of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth);
- representing executors in the administration of estates and in defence of related claims, including family provision claims under the Succession Act 1981 (Qld);
- assisting property owners resolve disputes involving registered caveats;
- acting for employers and employees in relation to dismissal claims made under Chapter 3 of the Fair Works Act 2009 and restraint of trade agreements.
Simon has written extensively for an internationally recognised legal publisher. He has also advised on and managed a broad range of commercial transactions, including two large international business sales requiring regulatory approvals.
Simon combines commercial acumen with his experience in litigation, dispute resolution, project management and drafting to achieve commercially sensible outcomes.
He is currently halfway through completing a Master of Laws, with a major in commercial litigation.
Queensland Law Society
LL.B and LL.M. (Business Law) (Currently studying for a second LL.M with a major in commercial litigation.)