In acting for a creditor the steps usually taken for recovery of debt are:
- Letter of demand, giving the debtor a limited time to pay the debt or enter into an arrangement for payment that is satisfactory to the creditor
- If there is no satisfactory response to the letter of demand, commence proceedings in the appropriate court
- If the proceedings are not defended, obtain judgment by default
- Commence enforcement action to recover the amount of the judgment debt.
Enforcement action may include:
- An application to the court to wind up a company
- An application to the court to bankrupt an individual
- Enforcement hearing to obtain information to facilitate the enforcement of a money order
- Advise on the termination of employment of employees
- Defend employee claims such as unfair dismissal, adverse action, breach of contract
- Enforcement warrant for seizure and sale of property or redirection of earnings
- $195.00 to review documents and issue a letter of demand to the debtor;
- $295.00 (plus a court filing fee) for preparation of a claim and statement of claim
Contact us today to schedule an initial consultation.